Thursday, December 6, 2007

Faith Like A Child

Amira: (sobbing) I am really sad, Mom. I don't want to go to naps.

Me: I know, baby, but you have to sleep so you can grow.

Amira: I'm going to tell God I am sad. (praying)Dear Heavenly Father, I am sad. I love you. Amen. (She pauses and looks at me, confused) Mom, I still feel sad.

She was so sure that God would instantly make going to naps less of a tragedy for her, and He had not.

Me: I've had times where God didn't take my sadness away, either, baby. Sometimes God doesn't do exactly what we want, but what He wants is always right.

Amira: Okay, mommy.



-A few days later:

Mom, God is in here (pointing to her stomach)

God's in your belly?

Yep.

Why is God in your belly?

Because I love Him.



5 comments:

Cynthia said...

Wow Jami, you have a beautiful family. I honestly almost cried a little when I saw your pictures, they were so beautiful. Amira is a smart kid. I keep most of the things I love in my tummy too. A piece of pumpkin pie... a bowl of cereal... a granola bar.... Pretty much anything edible. :)

Jami said...

Cynthia! I'm so glad you commented. I miss you, we must get back in touch. Oh- and I love pumpkin pie, too. Glad you think my girls are beautiful. They sure make me happy.

Cynthia said...

Yeah, I miss you too. I've been meaning to call you for the past year or so. I got your phone number from Jana and David about... umm... 3 million times but I kept losing it before calling. Now your number is saved in my phone and I have no excuse. I'm gonna call you sometime. Maybe after finals are over. :)

BlueAdagio said...

Hey Jami, did that comment Amira made about God in her belly remind you of anything???

Like perhaps a book about a little girl named Anna who said that God was in her middle and in everyone's else's middle too cause he loves us and we love him.

Funny that your daughter would say something similar. :)

Jami said...

I didn't even think about that. I need to re-read that book. It really is amazing how inherent spirituality is in little children. I learn so much about life and God from watching my sweet little girls.